- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Senior Software Engineer - Moat-19000LGR
We help brands and media companies push the envelope on privacy-friendly models of advertising, help them make sound product decisions that involve running fewer ads, help make their ads load faster, fight botnets, and strive to de-fund fake news. We are on a mission to help the world's top publishers and marketers make smarter decisions through real-time data. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by The New York Times, Condé Nast, Kellogg's, P&G, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
Moat is looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Tag Infrastructure team and help create applications and tools that support the deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of our Analytics product. This is a role where you’ll have an influence on the direction of many key processes at Moat as well as have an opportunity to provide mentorship to other engineers. Some of the things our team works on are:
- Building REST APIs and full stack web applications to support various internal and client-facing tools
- Architecting scalable systems to support deployments of our analytics codebase which sends 70 billion requests through our data pipeline every day
- Developing and utilizing frameworks for running custom queries on huge amounts of raw data - we store about 40 terabytes of data per day
- Identifying patterns and building software to reliably detect anomalies in over 300 unique metrics that we calculate for our clients
- 3+ years professional engineering experience
- Strong Python skills and proficiency in Linux and Bash
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and relational database design
- Experience with some or all of the following:
- Docker and Kubernetes o Flask and SQLAlchemy
- Deep understanding of how to write scalable, maintainable, and testable software
- A passion for fast, abstract, maintainable, and efficient code
About the Team
- We are passionate, excited, and thrive in a fast-paced culture
- We love sharing our knowledge and learning about new technologies
- We are the type of people who take risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems
- We care about solving big-picture, systemic problems – looking beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build complete and long-term solutions
- Lots of perks! Great work-life balance; Flexible vacation policy; Top-notch health insurance; Happy hours and team outings; Annual budget for continued learning!
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Product Development
Location: US-NY,New York-New York
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire