- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ockam is building SDKs for embedded systems, edge devices, and cloud. The Ockam code base is polyglot and built in a highly modular architecture. We utilize Rust, C, Elixir, and Golang in our stack.
You will be responsible for building core library components in the Ockam code base. Primarily, you will code in Rust, but will need to contribute to, and interface with, Ockam’s C, Go, and Elixir libraries. This includes building APIs for Ockam’s protocols, consuming external open source libraries, and creating simple abstractions for end users of the Rust SDK.
Ockam is a small and extremely senior team. This role involves architecture, interface design, writing code, responsibility for testing, and publishing documentation. Everyone on the Ockam team takes responsibility for their parts from end-to-end, including the creation of long term objectives, issues in GitHub, task management in our Trello boards, and summaries of key results.
- API design
- Building complex code bases in the Rust language
- Individual and collaborative project management leadership
- Git and GitHub's workflow
- Modern CI/CD pipelines and DevOps
- Consuming and contributing to open source codebases
- 10+ years of experience
- Cryptography libraries and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Multiple programming languages
- This is a Level 5 role at Ockam.
- Individuals that consider themselves to be Level 4 or 6 are also encouraged to apply.
- For more information about Role Levels at Ockam, here is our guide.
About the company