- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
As a Software Development Manager you will help design and further develop one of the most successful products in the IP router market today: the 7750 SR internet router for providers and carriers .You will be part of the IP Division, working in a very talented team and in a technically challenging and stimulating environment.
As a manager of the team, you will work with software developer
and testers who really care about a high quality product. The organization is fairly flat with emphasis on productivity rather than meetings and status reporting. You are expected to become an expert in your area of responsibility, and with that your input is valued.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
- be able to gain a lot of complex knowledge in a short time frame as you need to become an expert in a number of specific Internet areas
and get a good overview of all functionality within an Internet router,
- follow-up the evolutions of the Internet/Mobile/Data Center/SDN world,
- be in close contact with the quality assurance engineers, the product managers, the sales and pre-sales people and the support teams,
- understand the challenges of a real-time operating system and have a feeling for weaknesses in software and hardware designs,
- be very creative in order to solve complex real-live situations and overcome any constraints,
- be able to cope with the responsibility of delivering the feature you committed to,
- keep in mind the customer's point of view,
- work in an international environment.
- be able to drive a team of SW Dev and Test experts in a fast-pace environment and deliver on the committed schedule
Experience and knowledge of software development
- Experience in programming languages (C, C++)
- Proven aptitude for methodical problem solving, good communication skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to work well in a close-knit team
- Knowledge (and experience if possible) in one or more of the following areas:
* IPv4 & IPv6 networking testing and troubleshooting
* routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP) and/or signaling protocols (RSVP, LDP)
* various network protocols (DHCP, PPPoE, RADIUS, DIAMETER, L2TP, GTP, ...)
* knowledge of Linux
* NFV (Network Function Virtualization), SDN, Virtualized Switching products and related virtualization technologies (KVM/QEMU, Xen, Vmware ESXi) is a big plus.
- Experience in driving a software team with a tight schedule
MSCS/EE degree or BS with experience in networking.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law.
About the company
As the world’s specialist in mobile broadband, we’ll help you enable your end users to do more than ever before with the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize their value and the services to make it all work together.