- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Cedar Rapids
United States of America Location:
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52 USA At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry
- all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems
- we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense.
Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever.
Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives.
And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world.
That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely.
We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed.
And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most.
Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Avionics Design Assurance Center (DAC) team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
We're looking for an experienced engineering professional who is interested in working together with others to achieve excellence in design and efficient lifecycle execution.
This position is responsible for working closely with software engineering teams to provide quality-focused technical and process oversight of product developments throughout their lifecycle.
As a Design Assurance Center team member supporting Avionics Engineering, you will help ensure designs meet quality expectations, as well as customer, regulatory, and other requirements.
The role requires the ability to influence the adoption of engineering best practices to identify and eliminate defects before delivery.
This position requires the applicant to have demonstrated experience in software development process and methods, including planning, requirements capture, design, implementation and integration, verification, and validation.
Success in this position requires a Passion for Quality, Process and Continuous Improvement and the ability to build rapport with the Engineering project teams in order to influence the teams do the "right thing for the right reason".
- LEAD DESIGN ASSURANCE ENGAGEMENT. Serve as the primary design assurance point of contact for assigned engineering projects.
Develop project-specific quality plans for new product developments as required.
Collaborate with other DAC Subject Matter Experts on your team to ensure appropriate technical engagement with projects.
Represent the DAC at customer events.
- ASSESS ENGINEERING EFFECTIVENESS. Ensure engineering efforts are performed effectively and efficiently, meeting customer, company, and applicable regulatory requirements and quality expectations.
Contribute to design reviews, test readiness reviews, and other project reviews and team meetings.
- MENTOR TEAMS.Mentor engineering teams as needed throughout the development lifecycle in the areas of process, tools, design quality, and regulatory requirements to ensure robust and problem-free delivery.
- EVALUATE PROJECTS. Perform proactive, ongoing assessments to determine the health of projects using objective measurements and audits.
Produce metrics reports for management review.
Employ methods such as root cause analysis as appropriate.
Analyze project data for trends and systemic issues.
Recommend corrective actions.
- FACILITATE CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT. Lead the efforts of cross-functional teams to ensure that quality issues seen in legacy products are avoided in new designs.
Assist with engineering project planning activities, ensuring plans account for lessons learned across the enterprise.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
citizenship or granted U.S.
permanent residence (Green Card holder)
- Experience creating and following a documented development process with working knowledge
and demonstrated application
- Knowledge of effective Design Quality Assurance principles
- DOORS proficiency
- JIRA proficiency
- Experience in AGILE development environment
- Project experience with industry and regulatory standards such as DO-178
- JAMA experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility.
And the bonds we form
- with our customers and with each other
-- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on thislink to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Software Quality Assurance Engineer, Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
- ms project