- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
What you will be doing
Senior Strategic Account Manager - Pet Commercialization Services uses an advanced consultative and strategic sales approach and tactics to grow penetration of MWI solutions to existing (and to-be-prospected) strategic and highly integrated, national, regional, and e-commerce customers in the animal health business segment. This role promotes and delivers targeted distribution, technology, and professional services solutions in order to not only retain and renew existing customers but also to extend customer share of spend in existing customers and to win new key account business.
The Senior Strategic Account Manager is accountable for creating the strategy and implementation plan for promoting the Key Account business vision. This involves close collaboration with the Sales and Specialty Groups and developing appropriate sales support tools and internal standards and templates to ensure consistency of our value proposition in the marketplace and increase successful closing of sales opportunities. This role is also responsible for generating innovative and ongoing new business opportunities for service areas. This may include cold calling to new contacts and industry networks, generating leads at industry events and exploring new opportunities with existing clients.
- Development of a Key Account Business Plan that support new business growth objectives for all divisions of MWI Animal Health, including specific sales strategy, objectives and tactics
- Ability to develop organic opportunities with existing customers and develop new business relationships with emerging customers
- Actively pursue qualified and prioritized new business opportunities - with a focus on key identified sectors and transfer of these opportunities to appropriate personnel at MWI Animal Health with support on closing of new business through reviewing presentations, participation in the sales pitch and providing knowledge transfer
- Ongoing interface with MWI Animal Health, including strategic planning and ongoing opportunities
- Ongoing monitoring of current market landscape for new business development related opportunities and challenges, with transfer of relevant information to appropriate MWI Animal Health associates
- Appropriate business-related travel – Up to 25-50%
- Coordination of proposal process including document templates, standard text, quality assurance and document management
- Management of MWI Animal Health’s presence and representation at select industry events.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year Bachelor's Degree program
- A minimum of 5 - 10 years’ experience in animal health and/or sales
- Proven ability to network and develop new business relationships
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office Programs
- Ability to travel up to 25-50% domestically as needed Nice to have
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical distribution industry is a plus What AmerisourceBergen offers We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more… Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions.Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
About the company