- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Support Analyst - 90210319
Primary Location:US-New Jersey-Whippany
Posting Range:4 Dec 2018 - Ongoing
Job Title: Application Support Lead
Location: 400 Jefferson Park Whippany, NJ 07981
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
About BI RTB
Barclaycard International Run The Bank (RTB) team provides service management, governance and application support with an objective to provide a world-class service that is secure, resilient, high quality and efficient.
About BI RTB Tools and Applications Support
BI RTB Tools and Applications Support team provides systems administration, engineering and On-Call production support for third party tools and applications hosted on premise and private cloud. Team works closely with security, infrastructure and platform teams to delivery world class security and resilience. Automate application upgrades and patches using devops tools.
Overall Purpose of role
Application Run Engineer should take responsibility for:
· Providing Application Support Services for BCUS Applications and build Subject Mater Expertise for them.
· Should be knowledgeable on Credit Card Domain and new technologies like Machine Learning/AI).
· Should be a strong learner and be able to build a learning culture in the team
· Should be able to build a culture of automation across his team with an emphasis to reduce manual efforts & repeated failures
· Should have strong understanding of alerting/monitoring concepts & usage of standard tools to support alerting/monitoring
· Familiarity with Agile Development practices and DevOps concepts
· Ensuring that application remains available, reliable and stable. Defining the software and infrastructure patterns to enable 24x7 application availability
· Build a culture of high trust, collaboration and engagement with Development teams embedding effective partnerships, and ensuring collaboration between Operations and Technology teams
· Transitioning changes successfully into production. Ensure that all the incidents, problem records are closed within SLA
· Lead analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
· Function as an active participant and volunteer for assignments.
· Exhibit flexibility and adapt to changing conditions and On-Call shifts.
· Work with application external vendors and internal teams for problem resolutions and implementing best practices.
· Cross train peers and always keeps the team informed on all collaborated tasks.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
· Strong analytical ability to consider various ways of debugging and resolving the problems.
· Proven ability to identify and analyze the root cause of the problem. Look back and verify the implemented resolutions.
· Decision making after thorough information gathering and weight up the risks involved.
· Provide leadership and direction to the team, motivating and encouraging them to learn new technology/tools/processes
· Understanding of DevOps concepts and working in a DevOps environment
· Understanding of Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment practises
· Aptitude to learn tools/apps/processes/domains
· Good collaborator between Change, Run & Operations teams
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.