- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: Tampa, FL
Role Value Proposition:
This position will lead change by providing Investments with the platforms needed for transformation in the digital world. You are responsible for the management and maintenance of Investments Technology’s systems and projects within a private and public hosted cloud provider’s environment, focusing on overseeing environment health, availability, automation and optimization.
- Oversee a team of onshore and offshore technicians responsible for application monitoring, and issue troubleshooting and resolution
- Utilize team to continuously optimize and evergreen Investments IT environment, ensuring that applications and infrastructure upgrades occur on a timely basis
- Participate on a wide variety of cloud engineering projects, including patch management, firewall management, and disaster recovery planning and collaborate with hosting partner on all technical aspects of environment design, implementation and monitoring.
- Build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in environment projects.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of all projects, standards and best practices; report status and escalate issues and concerns to senior management as needed.
- Providesupport during evenings and weekends as necessary
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 4+ years of infrastructure management, architectural design
- Ability to coordinate the activities of a team of offshore consultants
- Ability to drive a wide variety of Cloud engineering projects, and multi-task in a disputing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- High level of analytical problem-solving abilities
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills – written, verbal and presentation
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, IIS, patch management
- Good understanding of Microsoft .NET and Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting
- Experience in deploying workloads to Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge/Experience with networking, firewalls, Active Directory, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), BigIP F5, Linux, Docker, Containers, FTP client and server
- Familiarity with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology
- Experience working with development teams in an Agile Environmen
Global Infrastructure Technology Operations – Investments Technology
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.