- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Want to use your finance and analytical skills to help local businesses around the world thrive?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that encourages innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. Are you ready to take more ownership of your career? If so, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Senior Financial Analyst will play an integral role in the global forecasting, planning, and reporting process. You will be expected to produce timely, accurate reporting and customized financial analysis to support management decisions. You'll be a key member on the Global FP&A team based in our Chicago headquarters. Additionally, this role will provide ad-hoc analysis as needed for senior financial leadership. To be successful in this role, you should have strong analytical skills, an interest in financial data systems and processes along with a desire for consistent personal development. Willingness to dive in head first while improving key technical skills and learning new systems is a must.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a substantial impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and passionate about helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
What you'll be doing:- Assist in the preparation and consolidation as part of the global FP&A cycle -- including budgeting & forecasting, variance reviews, etc.
- Understand country and category business drivers. Monitor performance and critical metrics.
- Improve existing reporting and tooling capabilities in financial systems
- Work closely with regional finance, regional CFOs and other members of the global finance organization
- Work cross-functionally to build scalable solutions to complex problems rooted in data and analytics
- Construct financial models to evaluate pro-forma scenario planning
- Ad-hoc deep dives on pressing business issues
We're excited about you if:- You have a Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years experience in Finance, and/or Financial Operations
- You have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- You are systems savvy - comfort with data architectures, ERP systems, SQL strongly preferred
- Skills preferred – data analysis, Anaplan or other financial modeling system experience. Tableau, Python/JS/Google apps scripting language preferred
- you have experience in data analysis, process automation, financial reporting and financial analysis
- You are highly analytical and detail oriented
- You are a resourceful and independent problem solver
- You have familiarity with e-commerce or retail environment a plus
- You have the ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment
Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally