- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
What you’ll be doing...
The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for playing a role in defining new services for products for established products such as VzCloud. Ideation and helping with new concepts in pipeline in areas such as financial well-being, will also be an important component. The candidate would be expected to make data driven product decisions on new features – defining the KPI’s and ensuring that there are measurement frameworks in place. Finally, execution of approved product features – defining technical requirements, working with vendor/engineer for delivery and measuring the success by defining product metricsIn addition, the ability to communicate and evangelize the products with internal and external audiences for internal buy-in and pilots is important.
•Drive Services definition, planning and design of new product features and enhancements.
•Work with other product managers for new or existing services for evaluation and execution
•Incorporate design thinking principles for features and make data based product decisions•Help with product trials by defining KPI targets and setting up user research for concept evaluation
•Develop a strategic understanding of competition, target markets, customers, and evolving trends.
•Work with the development teams to manage products from concept to delivery. •Communicate product benefits to customers, end users, and internal stakeholders
•Develop the appropriate business case information to justify development of Services
•Build strong cross-functional partnerships at multiple levels within the company, including with commercial, engineering, marketing, sales, and services.
•Ability to understand technical subjects/emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace.
Ability to work closely with development teams.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- 3-5 years of previous technical product management experience.
- 6+ years’ experience working on mobile technologies/applications
- Internet technologies and business experience desired
- Strong exposure to user experience design and user research is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and translate market trends and feedback into successful product initiatives and revenue growth.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies, including Product Owner are highly desirable
- Ability to collaborate and interact across functional boundaries and across multiple organizational levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.