- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Interested in using Terabytes of Data and Machine Learning?
At Amazon Advertising, we are developing state-of-the-art large-scale computational advertising and machine learning applications using Terabytes of data. We are looking for talented technical program managers to support large scale programs. In this role you will work with other machine learning scientists, engineers, and product managers on high impact initiatives in Amazon’s Display and Search Advertising.
Measurement and Data Science develops machine learning algorithms and high performance, petabyte-scale distributed systems utilizing big data and streaming technologies to report and optimize advertising. Our innovative engineers and machine learning scientists sit at the intersection of two vast data sources - leveraging e-commerce data to optimize advertising and measuring advertising impact on e-commerce. Our systems process billions of ad impressions daily from across the internet and Amazon site interactions to power all of Amazon’s advertising reporting and our display advertising algorithms for optimal audience targeting, real time ad ranking and bidding, and automated campaign optimization.
It’s Day One in Amazon Advertising and you will play a leading role to build out our scientific infrastructure and create our research environment. Collaborating with other data and machine learning scientists, software engineers and product managers, you will:
· Translate customer’s business requirements into technical/functional specifications for the engineers
· Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment for sales and marketing
· Develop key performance indicators, and deliver regular metrics that measure health of applications and services
· Focus on continual process improvement and innovation
Because that is what we want to do – we're going to change the way that customers discover and research products online and how companies understand and interact with their customers. Along the way, we're going to face seemingly impossible problems. We're going to argue about how to solve them, and we'll work together to find a solution that is superior to each of the proposals we came in with. We'll be the dream team.
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
· 7 + years of relevant work experience in internet-related program and/or technical product management in a software applications environment
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Detailed oriented with strong prioritization skills and risk based decision maker
· Detailed knowledge of infrastructure operations and software engineering
· Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy features
· Ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization to facilitate the implementation of programs
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.