- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: United States:Delaware : Wilmington
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife has the capabilities, resources, and experience to deliver world-class benefits to expatriates. We are uniquely positioned to become the leading global employee benefits provider. We have a strong global footprint in medical, life, and pensions and are investing globally, regionally, and locally to significantly grow our business.
The Senior Underwriter will provide underwriting and pricing approvals for new business and renewals of expatriate benefits products including medical, life, LTD and/or dental.
- The Senior Underwriter will provide underwriting and pricing approvals for new business and renewals of expatriate benefit products including medical, life, LTD, and/or dental.
- Provides pricing, risk and plan design approvals for cases with up to 1,000 lives and provides risk and plan design authority for cases with up to 500 lives that fall outside established guidelines.
- Provides pricing and plan design authority for cases with a total annualized premium of $750,000 or less.
- Analyses risk for complex cases by running manual rate calculations or preparing experience rated quotes. Works with sales offices to ensure cases are rated appropriately prior to approval.
- Underwrites new business quotes by analyzing financial and plan design information to decide whether to accept risk and at what premium level.
- Analyses the Request for Proposal to offer the most appropriate plan design and for retrieving missing data.
- Underwrites renewals by reviewing current plan’s premium history, claims history, and company financial condition to determine appropriate renewal action.
- Prices and offers plan changes, produces experience reports, and responds to broker and customer inquiries.
- Manages portfolio of mid-level to high-level complexity.
- Updates databases with quote and sales information to track results.
- Provides consultative services to sales producers, brokers, and/or customers regarding group insurance plans.
- Assists in the implementation process by verifying quoted plan design information.
- Prices plan changes upon request.
- Meets or exceeds specified metrics for completion of new business quotes and renewals.
- Conducts training for sales and/or underwriting staff.
- May participate in project work or on teams to develop or improve underwriting processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 4-6 years of relevant business experience with 1 -4 years of underwriting experience.
- Strong working knowledge of underwriting policies and procedures, underwriting guidelines and philosophies. Demonstrated strong analytical skills, strong written and oral communication skills.
- A willingness to take risk with appropriate levels of risk assessment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills.
- High level of organization skill and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong Excel and personal computer skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred.
- Group product experience in medical, life, LTD and/or dental is ideal.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.