- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Business Group Highlights Information Technology and Facilities
The IT group is strategically aligned to provide effective IT/Facilities support to the Perspecta business.
The team is responsible for executing functions to ensure day-to-day IT support, to ensure technology standards are established and followed across the organization, to manage assets and the confidentiality, integrity, security and availability of IT assets, information, data and services.
Facilities supports environmental, health and safety operations to ensure safe, comfortable and productive work environments for Perspecta employees.
This position will be part of a team of unified communications engineers operating in a converged IP environment who are responsible for the design, implementation, enhancement, optimization, and maintenance of the enterprise LAN/WAN/VTC/VoIP & Telco infrastructure.
The incumbent is expected to work with senior UC engineers on various technical projects including but not limited to VoIP architecture design, deployment, maintenance and routine VoIP related operational responsibilities.
- Oversees the day-to-day health of the enterprise and customer VoIP infrastructure, with a focus on assuring stability, capacity and organizational productivity.
The network is a converged IP network carrying data, voice and video.
- Addresses and resolves complex technical problems relating to the installation, upgrade, and daily operation of local and regionally distributed VoIP network infrastructure.
- Maintain the existing Cisco VoIP environment consisting of Skype for business & Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) and various model Cisco & Polycom phones.
- Interfaces with customers, vendors, and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements relating to Perspecta as well as customer network and systems infrastructure.
- Works closely with the network engineering Director to establish and deliver consistent technical direction, collect and analyze VoIP performance metrics, establish and enforce service level agreements.
- Documents engineering standards and proposals, leads or assists in the development of VoIP architecture/engineering designs, changes, and configuration management.
- Assist in evaluating current and emerging network and VoIP technologies, conducts technical assessments, and makes recommendations to Information Technology director and customers.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills in addition to the ability to effectively manage and prioritize individual projects and tasks.
Possess superior written and oral communication skills.
- Solid vendor management skills (circuit installation/troubleshooting, product/circuit procurement) are required.
- Position may require occasional travel to other Perspecta locations throughout the continental U.S.
This position is part of the after-hours on-call rotation and will require occasional after-hours, weekend and holiday work.
Successful candidate must be flexible, with the ability to work independently as a project lead, part of the team or individual basis.
- Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience, with a minimum of 6-10 years of hands-on experience in the implementation and administration of complex, multi-location, multi-vendor, converged voice/data networks in a geographically distributed environment.
- Experience with deployment and maintenance of SIP trunks, voice PRI with Cisco CUBE, Microsoft Skype for business, CUCM and Cisco Unity.
- CCNA, CCNP Voice/Collaboration certification highly desired.
- Strong experience with a broad range of collaboration products including, but not limited to, Cisco IOS, CUCM, Unity Connection, ISE, Jabber, Skype and Cisco phones.
- Solid understanding of VoIP related protocols & technologies (TCP/IP, UDP, and Skinny, SIP Trunks and PRI, extension mobility, dial plans, route patterns).
- Experience with Cisco Routers (Cisco ISR, ASR series) & Switches including but not limited to 35xx, 37xx, 38xx, 45xx, 65xx.
- Hands-on experience with the implementation and maintenance of Cisco call manager and Cisco unity connection.
- Experience with older Avaya and Siemens PBX systems is desired but not required.
- Experience with Unified communication applications such as Microsoft Skype, Cisco Jabber, and Polycom is highly desired.
- Creative problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and ability to think outside the box .
- Understanding of Microsoft Back-Office technologies, including, but not limited to Active Directory, IIS, Exchange, and other components.
About Perspecta What matters to our nation, is what matters to us.
At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds.
Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges.
And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer
- Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Options Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- active directory
- ms project
- safety and security