- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Englewood Cliffs
Senior Web Frontend Engineer, CNBC
The CNBC Digital Technology team is seeking a Software Engineer to design and build software solutions across CNBC’s Digital Platform. The Software engineer role focuses on Frontend development. The role requires hands-on software development skills, deep technical expertise across the entire software delivery process, from content generation to delivery.
Here’s how to tell if you’re who we’re looking for:
You consider yourself to be a top talent.
You have a strong passion for new technologies and driving innovation.
You get excited about.
You deliver high quality, production ready code.
You’re not the person who waits for others to come up with solution.
You’re interested in expanding your skillset and never stop learning.
Your Day to Day Includes:
Design and Build Software Solutions across CNBC’s Digital Web Platform
Hands-on software development skills, deep technical expertise in frontend web development, especially in React-Redux, Node.js, HTML5.
Working closely with your peers in Product and Design to innovate on current and future product offerings
Creating and maintaining technical documentation
Participating in meaningful and thorough code reviews
Helping to ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of the application
Collaborating with the team to ship new features quickly
● BS degree or higher in Computer Science with a minimum of 5+ years of engineering experience is required.
● Extensive experience building enterprise level web frontend beyond just prototypes.
● Expert experience building applications in React-Redux.
● Strong skills in styling web applications using CSS 2/3, SASS
● Experience building applications using ReactJS, Redux, SASS, ES6, JSX, Babel, Apollo GraphQL and NodeJS technologies.
● Knowledge with Performance, Scalability, Security, Enterprise System Architecture, and Engineering best practices
● Experience working on large scale, high traffic websites a plus.
● Solid understanding of core programming principles, design patterns.
● Experience building mobile web applications
● Strong Communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
● Good organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize numerous tasks
● Proactive personality with a proven track record exhibiting ownership, and
Sub-BusinessCNBC Digital Technology and Product
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.