- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Santa Monica
Activision Blizzard, Inc., a member of the S&P 500, is the worldʹs most successful standalone interactive entertainment company. We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world through franchises including Activisionʹs Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzardʹs World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and Kingʹs Candy Crush™, Pet Rescue™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™. The company is one of the Fortune ʺ100 Best Companies to Work For®ʺ. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world, and its games are played in 196 countries. More information about Activision Blizzard and its products and services can be found on the companyʹs website, www.activisionblizzard.com
The (Senior) Windows Engineer works with the systems and network staff involved in the migration, maintenance and support of systems solutions across the global enterprise (Level will be determined by skills, expertise and experience). Successful candidates hold previous experience implementing and supporting mid-to-large systems solutions. The (Senior) Windows Engineer will occasionally participate as a member in local / global projects, and assist and contribute to establishment of policies, procedures and standards across the IT organization. The position will require input to improve the team's overall management of systems globally. This position requires participation and contribution to various global initiatives such as Windows systems, automation, infrastructure monitoring, virtualization, infrastructure services, i.e. Active Directory, e-mail, Office 365, etc. This position will participate in 24/7 on-call support rotation with ticket support and escalation procedures.
The (Senior) Windows Engineer will be responsible for participating in a broad range of activities, including but not limited to:
TIER 3 GLOBAL SUPPORT:
Utilize Centralized Helpdesk system for support problems and requests
Resolve IT Infrastructure servers and service related Tier 3 problems
On call 24/7 as needed
Provide RCA of problems as needed
· Evaluates and installs patches and upgrades on Windows servers and software
· Monitor uptime and performance of systems
· Automate any repeatable requests or tasks using tools and/or scripting
· Assist all global divisions with implementation and migration of new and existing technology solutions.
· Adhere to global standards in IT processes (account management, permissions, naming convention, etc.)
Create and maintain detailed IT documentation for applications / solutions
Assist to define global standards, policies and procedures
OFFICE 365/EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATION:
· Extensive Experience with supporting the Microsoft software stack with an emphasis in supporting Office 365, and Exchange is mandatory
· Prior experience with all office365 products and supporting this in an enterprise setting
· Migrate users and resolve issues related to a cross hybrid Exchange infrastructure
· Experience with Office365 federation and licensing using 3rd party identity providers
ACTIVE DIRECTORY ADMINISTRATION
· Experience with supporting a enterprise scale Active Directory environment with many different sites under one or more domains
· Implement and support RBAC delegated permissions and managing and supporting user accounts and groups.
· Support and monitor Active Directory health
· User account maintenance and automation
· Working experience with the ESAE administrative tier model for Active Directory
· Experience with writing and implement different GPO’s in an enterprise setting.
Experience with Windows Servers setup and troubleshooting is mandatory
Support of various virtual machines using various Hypervisors, i.e. Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, infrastructure, and hardware
Deploy and configure virtual servers through automation tools
BACKUPS AND DISASTER RECOVERY
Support backups using replication techniques, Veeam & Recovery Manager
Support disaster recovery and business continuance strategies
Work with vendors to
About the company
or more than 30 years, Activision has been changing the way people play. In the process, we have built one of the largest portfolios of recognized brands and today we are one of the most valuable interactive entertainment companies in the world.
Founded in 1979 as the first independent video game software developer and distributor, the company launched a series of multi-million unit selling titles in the early 1980s for the Atari 2600 including Pitfall, Kaboom! and River Raid. And since then, Activision has created some of the most iconic and memorable game experiences of all time.
Today, the company is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products for various consoles, handheld platforms and the PC. Over the past five years, we have continued to thrive as a leading digital entertainment provider whose games appeal to a variety of gamers.
We strive to make the most fun, thrilling, and engaging entertainment experiences for our players, who live in a world with many entertainment options.
We operate in more than 15 countries including in the U.S., Canada, Brazil, Mexico, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, Singapore, mainland China, Hong Kong and the region of Taiwan.
We recognize that our success is built upon the shared dedication of great people whose sense of mutual respect and teamwork drives our performance.