- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Nutrition is currently seeking an Associate Sensory Scientist to join our team in Columbus, OH. This position requires a background in descriptive analysis, preferably the Flavor Profile method.
- Act as a descriptive panel leader, and interpret and report results in a way that provides actionable insights to project teams
- Provide on-going training to descriptive panelists and assist with project specific training
- Establish a panelist monitoring program under the guidance of experienced sensory personnel, and provide performance feedback to panelists
- Work with sensory staff to plan and manage the descriptive panel schedule
- Assist with coordination of annual sensory training programs at domestic plants
- Work with sensory staff to ensure smooth operation of routine lab functions (descriptive and consumer testing)
- Assist with monthly children’s panel
- Help with the general upkeep of the sensory lab
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Food Science, Sensory Science, Data Analytics, or closely related field, plus 2 years of professional experience.
- MS or higher degree preferred.
- Trained in descriptive analysis, preferably Flavor Profile
- Knowledge of sensory quality programs
- Experience with consumer testing is preferred
- Effective communication skills are required
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office, including Excel
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and projects in a speed oriented, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to travel up to 10%, and willingness to travel internationally
- No food allergies or dietary restrictions
ANRD Nutrition Research & Development
United States Columbus : RP04 Floor-1
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
- ms project
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.