- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $30,970.00 - $39,984.00 gross per year
- McCormick County
- Responsible for the overall supervision of subordinate security assigned to the housing units, and for the supervision, custody and control of allinmates assigned to the housing units.
- Makes routine inspections of the living areas for compliance with security, safety and sanitation standards.
- Conducts investigations of alleged misconduct on the part of inmates and security personnel assigned to the area of responsibility.
- Assists in conducting formal and informal counts.
- Supervises the job performance, conduct and appearance of assigned security personnel and prepares employee evaluations.
- Counsels, recommends disciplinary action, and trains subordinate staff to required standards of performance.
- Prepares reports as needed or required.
- Performs duties of Shift Lieutenant when necessary.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and experience in Correctional, Security or Police work.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
Two (2) yearsexperience in Correctional Security or Police work.
Must be certified by the South Carolina Department of Corrections Training Academy and successfully complete the Basic Supervisory Course within six (6)months ofentry intothe position.
This position is recruited through NEOGOV only; you must apply online via this website to be considered for this position.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
- human resources
- safety and security