- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Salt Lake City
Company Name:Smith's Food and Drug
Position Summary: Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Condition all products in assigned sections in accordance with company policy.
- Prepare, display, and sign all food product to established standards and recipes.
- Keep refrigerated coolers, store shelves, and other displays fully stocked and conditioned at all times according to tag allocation or department standards.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products for which they inquire about.
- Inform customers of deli/bistro specials.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size, or as close as possible to the amount ordered, to prevent shrink.
- Recommend deli/bistro items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Use all equipment in deli/bistro such as the refrigerators, freezers, slicers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Prepare food to Company standards.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness; review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
- Properly use kitchen equipment, stove, computerized scale, fryer, and steamer.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, cash control, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Comply with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Current food handlers permit once employed
- Must be able to meet the minimum physical demands of the position
- Must be 18 or older
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Jobs at Smith's:A division of the Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) one of the nation’s largest grocery retailers, Smith’s currently operates 139 stores and 95 fuel stations throughout seven western states. Smith’s charitable giving, in partnership with 18,000+ associates, generous customers and suppliers, totaled $13.8 million in cash and food products to local organizations in 2015. For more information visit: www.smithsfoodanddrug.com or https://www.facebook.com/careerarsmiths.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wa