- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Description Allstate is currently seeking an Environment Support Analyst for the Unified Customer View platform (UCV). The position will reside in Allstate Technology and Strategic Ventures (ATSV) Information Services Group (ISG) organization as part of the UVC Operations Excellence Team. The Team is responsible for monitoring and the availability of the UCV environment.
- Monitor both production and non-production environments to ensure availability of UCV services.
- Respond to major incidents with a view to move from red to green as quickly as possible.
- Provide support and automated solutions for UCV technologies including consulting, configuring, deploying, monitoring, and self-healing/recovery for applications.
- Collaborate with others to ensure that any modified hardware and software components interact appropriately, that data conversion impacts are considered, environments are setup and maintained and areas of impact are identified and addressed.
- Execute service requests, perform routine administration to support both hardware and software components.
- Analyse hardware and system software to identify and recommend minor or routine changes for purposes of incident avoidance.
- Monitor daily use of the technical components to identify and address expected capacity pitfalls and diagnose deviations or substandard security performance.
- Perform root cause analysis on complex incidents and problems to provide future hardware and/or software resiliency.
- Contributes to team Technology Roadmap.
Job QualificationsEssential criteria
- Experience of managing and supporting applications in complex and high available environments.
- High level appreciation of software development best practices including SDLC, Software Configuration and Change Management, Agile, Scrum etc.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an IT environment in a development, support or configuration management role.
- Proven experience in Unix/Linux and/or Windows.
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Good Problem-Solving Skills.
- Ability to self-learn and self-manage.
- Results focused with a strong ability to multi task.
- Knowledge of vended applications with Pitney Bowes Spectrum and IBM InfoSphere MDM
- Knowledge of operating systems and platforms including UNIX, Linux, Windows Server
- Knowledge of other technologies Layer 7, TIBCO, F5/networking, Oracle
- Knowledge of Scripting and support tools including GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet, Octopus, Splunk, Dynatrace
- Previous experience in working to SLA agreements
- ITIL certification or experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.