- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 214974
Pennsylvania Chemicals is a world-scale facility that will use ethane to produce 1.6 million tonnes of polyethylene per year. The project will involve up to 6,000 workers during its construction and is expected to employ 600 permanent employees when completed. The ethylene / polyethylene complex will be located in the Ohio River Valley north of Pittsburgh. It comprises an ethane cracker and three polyethylene units, plus OSBL including a gas-fired combined cycle cogeneration unit and a large storage-in-transit rail yard.
The Setroute Clerk reports to the Lead Electrical Field Engineer and Project Field Engineer and is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Setroute Automation Tool. The Setroute Clerk shall provide support to the Electrical Field Engineering team and Electrical Superintendent for construction activities. The selected applicant is responsible for providing status of the percent complete for the electrical installation commodities. The Setroute Clerk shall also assist and support the Electrical Field Engineering team and Field Supervision with the status of testing of electrical commodities and equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Print required Setroute cards per request of Electrical Field Engineer or Superintendent.
• Enter the weekly quantities for the electrical commodities into Setroute.
• Status all Setroute cards with percent complete of installation.
• Submit the completed Setroute cards to document control for processing the ITRs.
• Provide support to the project control and construction management with the required Setroute Reports for electrical commodity percent complete status.
• Track and input unscheduled electrical commodities into Teamworks.
• Assist with cable management by assigning cable drums for all cables in Setroute.
• Assist Field Engineer with electrical field material take-offs as required.
• Coordinate with the Houston office for Setroute issues resolution and design updates.
• Provide technical support and training for construction Setroute users on the project.
• Assist the Electrical Field Engineer with developing electrical Test Packages.
• Assist Electrical Field Engineer with inspections and initiate associated documentation for all electrical system installations.
• Assist the Electrical Field Engineer with preparing field change documentation and as-built documentation as required.
• Assist the Electrical Field Engineer with generating installation work packages for scopes of work in support of the construction schedule.
• Assist the Electrical Field Engineer with input of electrical work package status into Teamworks.
• Print Labels for Cables, Wires, Raceway, and Equipment as requested by Electrical Field Engineer and Superintendent.
• Assist Electrical Field Engineer with input of punch list items into Punchworks.
• Assist the Preservation Team, Electrical Field Engineering, and Field Procurement in receipt inspection and reporting of associated equipment and materials and preventive maintenance requirements.
• University/B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred
• 2 years minimum experience in electrical field engineering. Design experience is also considered.
• Experience in both direct hire and subcontract environments is preferred.
• Understanding of applicable Bechtel work processes including Standard Work Process Procedures is preferred.
• Experience in oil, gas, refinery, petrochemical, minerals processing or power generating station construction is preferred.
• Familiarity with Bechtel Standard Applications (BSAPs) including InfoWorks, Setroute, TEAMWorks, BPS, PTR, eSub and other automation tools which are used on Bechtel projects is an asset.
• Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
• Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards.
• Excellent communication and problem solving ability
• All applicants must have the right to work and remain in the United States.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects
About the company
Is the largest construction and civil engineering company in the United States, ranking as the 4th-largest privately owned company in the United States.