- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
United States of America - Tennessee, Nashville
Founded in 1944 in Indianapolis, Indiana, AECOM Hunt has been building for our clients for over 70 years.
From iconic stadiums and arenas, next-gen transportation hubs and sustainable healthcare and academic buildings, AECOM Hunt is known nationwide as the premier builder of large and complex projects. Our expertise, leadership and dedication are unparalleled.
We have earned a reputation for being unconditionally client-focused – delivering construction projects on schedule and within budget, no matter the scope. We deploy the latest 3D BIM technologies, industry-leading safety best practices, and the highest ethical standards on every project. If you can dream it, we can build it.
AECOM Hunt has proven, time and again, to be well-equipped to deliver the most challenging of projects, no matter the sector or delivery method.
AECOM Hunt is currently seeking talented individuals for internships beginning in May of 2020 to participate in the Building Construction Internship Program.
Put your education to work with an internship at an industry leader. At AECOM Hunt, you will build core construction, technology and business skills, while assisting company leaders build the next recognizable skyline. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate leadership and teamwork and can gain increased responsibilities through various experiences.
Our organization values its talent by investing in career growth and learning opportunities. When you intern with Hunt, you will receive orientation, training, and education to help get you started. You will be matched with a mentor to help guide you in achieving your goals. You will participate in professional networking events and meetings where you will have exposure to our executives. Successful completion of the internship program may lead to employment or future internship opportunities but this is neither guaranteed nor implied.
As an introductory position, the SH&E Intern will be exposed to full-spectrum construction safety management while working under safety professionals. During the internship, the Intern will be exposed to a variety of SH&E concepts, Risk Mediation, Hazard Identification and control while learning to apply this knowledge to real-life construction scenarios. Successful completion of the internship program is considered for future internship or full time employment opportunities but this is neither guaranteed nor implied.
- Shadows the SH&E Manager daily in all field activities.
- Performs assigned administrative duties within the safety office, attends all required project meetings.
- Shadows identified key department representatives for cross-business training.
- Completes required assignments within the internship program.
- Attends the AECOM Building Construction Orientation Program.
- Attends required SH&E events per the direction of the SH&E department.
- Demonstrates time management and punctuality.
- Ability to navigate online databases.
AA/AS (US) + None or Diploma/Certification (Canada) + None
- Must hold OSHA 10 Hour Training Certificate or be able to obtain this Certificate before internship begins. (Company Paid to meet requirement)
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree in Occupational Health or related field
- Must be enrolled in classes for the semester immediately following the internship.
- Ability to recognize hazards and speak up confidently.
- Ability to identify problems and work to create a resolution.
- Comfortable with the use of ladders, and working at protected heights including but not limited to high-rise construction.
- Comfortable with close Proximity to Large Equipment.
- Able to maintain balance while walking through uneven surfaces.
- Able to arrange temporary housing and transportation to and from work if needed.
- Willingness to learn construction safety management.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe or BlueBeam - PDF creation.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Preferred active student involvement with AGC or ASSE local chapter.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Safety / Health
Business Line Construction Services
Business Group Construction Services Group (CS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Intern / Student
Requisition/Vacancy No. 228969BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- ms project