- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Colorado Springs
Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:
Full-TimePosting Close Date:
03-Dec-2019 Close All Job SummaryThe University of Colorado and the Housing and Dining Services now encourages applications for a Shift Supervisor! This is a hands-on working position that provides oversight and leadership in assigned dining operation to all Campus Dining Attendants, Head Dining Attendants, Head Line Cooks and other positions as identified by management and acts as a Service Manager in their absence. This position would, under the general supervision of the management team, assign and coordinate the activities of food service workers involved in set-up, and food and drink service. Maintains, ensures, and is accountable for the cleanliness and accurate functionality of the following areas and associated staff: food service preparation, beverage, dish-washing, dish return, courtesy stands, dining room and common areas. Provides input in the development of protocol for service standards. Assigns and delegates staff members to required areas based on the flow of service and need of the operation. Ensures service quality, A9, food safety, and sustainability standards are all upheld and fully corrects non-compliance immediately. Determines break schedules for all of the aforementioned areas based upon organizational needs and staff schedules, all while offering excellent customer service in a team-driven and supported environment.Who We AreCampus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the university. Campus Dining Services is comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets which operate year-round. Campus Dining leads the industry with outstanding quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. We are committed to providing options and information to all of our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified. What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeQuality Assurance
- Navigate customer complaints and is empowered to make decisions in the best interest of the operations and its guests. Ensure all ParTech and A9 labeling procedures are followed during scheduled shift and determines corrective action when out of compliance, including verifying accurate labeling, troubleshooting equipment, and staff education. Conduct audits of efficiency and effectiveness to manage and control costs. Offer recommendations and solutions to the Executive Culinary team to improve daily operations of functional areas. Assist in the creation of standardized operating procedures and training methods. Ensure all areas are set up and broken down in accordance with SOP's. Comply and implement sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Assist in the staff recruitment and selection, training and onboarding process. Empower others to make decisions in areas within their span of control, and participates in measures to increase staff engagement and empowerment. Ensure employees follow the assigned schedule, appropriate break times and follow accurate procedures of requesting time off. Responsible for performance plans for direct reports and holds employees accountable, following progressive discipline processes. Discusses staff issues with Executive Culinary Team and management team and collaborates on the best solution. Display and demonstrate excellent communication skills. Coaches others to develop their communication skills.
Dining Operations Prep
- Implements and is accountable for following all dining room SOP's in assigned area. Understands and utilizes all production equipment in an assigned facility. Place work orders as needed. Assists with ordering and receiving of food as needed. Successfully passes ServSafe and offers tutoring assistance to staff.
What You Should Know
- This Position is Designated Essential Services and the schedule may be subject to change based on operational needs.
- A Pre-Placement Physical is required.
What We Can OfferThe starting salary for this position is $41,292.00. BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be StatementsBe Active. Be Effective. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Four years of foodservice experience. Graduation from a culinary program may substitute for two years of experience.
- ServSafe certified and or certificate appropriate for the position level or the ability to obtain Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level within 6 months of hire. Must possess appropriate Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position for the duration of employment with CDS.
- Must complete all university required training within 30 days of hire.
What You Will Need
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- 2 years of previous supervision responsibility.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by December 17, 2019 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Essential ServicesThis position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.