- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Colorado Springs
Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:
Full-TimePosting Close Date:
03-Dec-2019 Close All Job SummaryThe University of Colorado and Housing and Dining Services now encourages applications for a Shipping and Receiving Handler! This position exists, and is primarily responsible for, receiving goods and ensuring accurate storage and rotation of products. This position also reconciles all invoices to ensure the physical delivery of products match quantities and amounts on the invoice. Also responsible for maintaining receiving and storage area organization, cleanliest and sanitation. Additionally, will inventory products, goods, and small-wares. Will respond to last-minute changes and requests by the department ensuring timely distribution/transportation of goods and equipment to the dining halls or other on- and/or off-campus locations on an occasional basis, while utilizing department vehicles. This position ensures we are providing a clean, safe, comfortable work environment for all faculty, student, staff and visitors at the University of Colorado Boulder.Who We AreHousing & Dining Services, Campus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty and guests of the university. Campus Dining Services is comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets which operate year-round. Campus Dining leads the industry with outstanding quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. We are committed to providing options and information to all of our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeReceiving and Storage
- Ensure that all shipments received are free of damage, accurate and if required, temperature controlled. Coordinate, prioritize and adjust daily receiving activities to ensure products are put away in a timely manner. Ensures accurate rotation of stock and that all goods are stored in the appropriate area and secure. Use computer and communication skills to ensure accurate notification of damaged shipments and incorrect invoicing to immediate supervisor. Offers excellent internal and external customer service. Ensures any last-minute changes requested by immediate supervisor are completed.
- Ensure a clean safe working environment for all faculty, students staff and visitors at the University of Colorado Boulder. Ensures goods are delivered at an accurate temperature. Uses PPE and practices accurate lifting techniques. Asks for assistance when necessary. Ongoing daily cleaning and maintenance of facility to ensure a clean and safe environment. Monitors cold storage areas for accurate temperature. Reports issues or needed repairs to the supervisor. Serves on the food safety response team and responds to all food safety emergencies as appropriate to the work assignment. If a work cell phone is provided, a response call must be within an hour of the original call and/or message.
- Assists in inventory of goods, products, and supplies. Enters inventoried quantities into computers (FSS). Daily observation and communication with Operations/Production Manager regarding any products that have low turnover have been over-purchased or are soon to expire. Makes determinations to move inventory to various or varied storage locations as necessary.
- Performs daily cleaning and sanitation of storage areas to include but not limited to: Dry storage, cold storage, and receiving areas.
- Assist other facilities as necessary and performs other tasks as delegated by immediate supervisor. Participates in Campus Dining Services special events as requested. Operates company vehicle to deliver goods to department facilities as requested.
What You Should Know
- This Position is designated Essential Services and the schedule may be subject to change based on operational needs.
- A Pre-Placement Physical Required.
What We Can Offer
- Starting salary for this position is $28,788.00 or approximately $13.84 an hour. This position is eligible for overtime.
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be StatementsBe Authentic. Be Pioneering. Be Boulder.What We Require
- One year of experience in warehousing, handling, shipping, receiving, storing, inventory, and/or distribution of goods.
- Possess a valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Successful completion of the University of Colorado’s Driver Safety Training program.
- Servsafe certified and/or certificate appropriate for the position level or the ability to obtain Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level within 6 months of hire. Must possess appropriate Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level for the duration of employment with CDS.
What You Will Need
- Ability to work in extreme cold conditions for extended periods of time (PPE provided).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills
- A strong understanding of the flow of food from purchasing to, ready to prepare state.
- Knows and can recite proper receiving temperatures as well as appropriate storage areas for goods and products.
- Can prioritize stocking/shelving activities to ensure that proper product temperatures are maintained.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Servsafe certified.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by December 11, 2019 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Essential ServicesThis position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- customer service
- human resources