- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Bose is seeking a Signal Processing Research Engineer to join our team in Corporate Research to create innovative algorithms that enable Bose’s vision for future products. Our group’s long-range approach requires both high level technical vision as well as the ability to focus on complex theoretical issues and subtle perceptual details. We are looking for someone who is at their best when working on challenging problems with uncertain outcomes.
In this position, you’ll use your expertise in signal processing to create innovative audio experiences related to audio rendering, noise reduction, optimal filtering, and system identification. Our work is both theoretical and hands-on. In this role, you will develop ideas starting from a theoretical foundation and ending with demonstrations that can be experienced by product division stakeholders.
· Advancing the state of the art of performance by developing innovations from initial theoretical research to the design of a first realizable prototype,
· Extensive collaboration with other research engineers on the technical and perceptual merits of the innovation,
· Demonstration of innovation prototypes to product division stakeholders,
· Working with development engineers to transfer new technologies and innovations to product development teams.
Must have the following:
· Experience with research in signal processing and related fields of engineering,
· Research experience involving mathematical analysis and modeling,
· Passion for doing creative work that has an impact.
Additional preferred skills:
· Matlab and Simulink experience,
· Machine Learning experience,
· Musical background,
· Critical listening skills, experience with formal listening experiments,
· Experience with rapid prototyping environments.
· Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field,
· 3+ years of experience conducting independent research.
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company's pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About the company
At Bose, we have a passion for doing things that are better. We apply the highest level of scientific inquiry and invention to the discovery of new concepts and the development of new products. We create experiences for our customers that are enlightening, unique and delightful. We seek to develop an environment that challenges us to pursue excellence and to reach our fullest human potential.