- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Sonoran Science Academy-Eastis looking foran immediate job opening for a part-time Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant / Special Education Assistant (SLP-A).
Sonoran Schools has been a leader in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) K-12 education since 2001. With schools in the greater Phoenix and Tucson metro areas, our commitment is to provide a superior academic environment, accessible to a diverse population. Through a comprehensive, integrated STEM curriculum and abundant extracurricular opportunities, we instill a life-long love of learning and an understanding of each individual's responsibility to be a productive member of society.
The SLPA may execute specific components of a speech and language program as specified in treatment plans developed by the SLP. Goals and objectives listed on the treatment plan and implemented by the SLPA are only those within their scope of responsibilities and are tasks the SLP has determined the SLPA has the training and skill to perform.
The SLP will provide at least the minimum specified level of supervision to ensure the quality of care to all students served. The amount of supervision may vary and must depend on the complexity of the case and the experience of the assistant.
Scope of duties for SLP-A:
- Exhibit compliance with The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations, reimbursement requirements, and SLPAs' responsibilities.
- Assist the SLP with speech, language, and hearing screeningswithoutclinical interpretation.
- Assist the SLP during the assessment of students, patients, and clients exclusive of administration and/or interpretation
- Follow documented treatment plans or protocols developed by the supervising SLP.
- Document student, patient, and client performance (e.g., tallying data for the SLP to use; preparing charts, records, and graphs) and report this information to the supervising SLP.
- Assist with clerical duties, such as preparing materials and scheduling activities, as directed by the SLP.
- Assist with departmental operations (scheduling, record keeping, safety/maintenance of supplies and equipment)
Scope of duties for Special Education Teacher's Assistant:
- Provide small group instruction for K-5 students under the guidance of the school's Special Education teacher.
- Provide student support inside K-5 general education classrooms as directed.
- Document student performance and report this information to the school's Special Education teacher via data collection documentation.
- Other duties as directed.
This position requires the following:
- ASHA SLP-A Certificate
- AZ State License
- Requires Current IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Bachelors' degree
Sonoran Schools' goal is to provide a superior academic environment, accessible to a diverse population, both ethnically and socio-economically. We continue to challenge our teachers to grow their curriculum and to challenge themselves to become even better educators. We consistently encourage our students to explore and grow, intellectually and emotionally, by providing a myriad of extra-curricular opportunities. We surround them with an environment where a passion for art or drama can grow alongside a talent for math. We seek to instill a life-long love of learning and an understanding of each individual's responsibility to be a productive member of society. We ensure our students can compete equally with their peers around the globe.
Please complete our application atwww.sonoranschools.org/careers.aspx
Sonoran Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disabilities, marital status, genetic information or Veteran Status.
About the company