- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You delight our guests in all areas of the store ensuring each guest has an enjoyable experience in our smallest format stores.
ALL ABOUT SMALL FORMATS
We enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is in stock, available and accurately priced and signed on the sales floor in our smallest format stores. Experts of operations, process and efficiency. This team is responsible for being proficient in all areas of the store to complete duties such as, but not limited to, cashiering, stocking, presentation and price accuracy. You’ll provide exceptional guest service, customizing each experience and anticipating their needs.
At Target, we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Small Format Team Leader can provide you with the:
• Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building a guest first culture across the store
• Knowledge of retail business fundamentals: department sales trends, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
• Skills in planning department(s) daily/weekly workload to support business priorities and deliver sales goals
• Skills in process improvements and workload efficiency
• Experience leading a team of hourly team members; including skills in interviewing, developing, coaching, evaluating and retaining talent
As a Small Format Team Leader, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
• Understand sales goals, plan and execute daily/weekly workload to deliver on department and store sales goals and guest engagement. Including: planning merchandising, pricing workload, transitions, revisions, sales plans and promotions.
• Enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is in stock, available, accurately priced and signed on the sales floor.
• Be an expert of operations, accuracy, process and efficiency.
• Lead inbound, outbound, replenishment, inventory accuracy, presentation, pricing and promotional signing processes for your assigned department(s).
• Create a scheduling plan in partnership with your leader based off of monthly and weekly business workload and guest traffic.
• Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this includes early morning, evening, overnight shifts and weekends).
• Lead your department(s) in the backroom and sales floor areas, review all reporting to identify gaps and develop a plan to resolve.
• Enable efficient delivery to our guests by leading pick, pack and ship fulfillment work, as applicable for your location.
• Expect and enable team members to stay up-to-date on relevant trends and products.
• Evaluate and recommend candidates for open positions and develop a guest-centric team.
• Lead team onboarding and learning.
• Close knowledge and skill gaps through training and experiences.
• Establish clear goals and expectations and hold team members accountable to expectations.
• Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
• Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way.
• As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
• Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
• All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
• Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
• Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
• Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target product sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
• You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Small Format Team Leader. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous retail experience preferred, but not required
• Lead and hold others accountable
• Learn and adapt to current technology needs
• Work independently and as part of a team
• Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
• Welcoming and helpful attitude
• Effective communication skills
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
• Interpret instructions, reports and information
• Accurately handle cash register operations
• Climb up and down ladders
• Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
About the company
Target Corporation (NYSE TGT) is an upscale discount retailer that provides high-quality, on-trend merchandise at attractive prices in clean, spacious and guest-friendly stores.