- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
What You'll Do
Cisco’s Advanced Services (AS) Software Integration and Orchestration (SIO) team is looking for an experienced Software Consulting Engineer with skillsets and experience in Orchestration & Network Automation. The team works with large Service Provider and Enterprise customers to help transform their networks to virtualized, automated, cloud enabled, self-healing and secure network systems. The Automation solutions cover both physical and virtual infrastructure including Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Hardware/Software Disaggregation, Cloud, DC, WAN, Mobility and Security infrastructure.
This role will lead Automation & Orchestration Advisory and Delivery engagements with customers leveraging both Cisco and non-Cisco (OpenSource, 3rd party) software tools and solutions. The Automation solutions may be comprised of software products & tools such as Tail-NSO, NFV solutions to automate Cisco and 3rd party Virtual Network Functions (VNFs), Ansible, OpenStack, Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP), Integration Middleware, Workflow Management and UI/Portal systems.
Who You Are
The Team is comprised of Automation Architects, Software Development Leads and Developers who work in an Agile model with CI/CD tools and processes. The day-to-day activities are;
· understand the customer requirements for process integration, automation & orchestration, solution customization and enhancements.
· advise customer on possible solution options and value proposition, implement Cisco and 3rd party products with required extensions and customization,
· integrate into existing customer’s legacy OSS/BSS systems
· perform integration, system & acceptance testing in various non-production as well as in a customer’s production environment
· and then provide day-2 support and ongoing optimization.
Who You'll Work With
The Team interacts with Customers, Business Units, Sales team and Technical Services during the lifecycle of a project through Presales scoping/Proof-Of-Concept/Project delivery/Optimization. The role is to lead a virtual team of SMEs spread globally.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The person works with customer technical leads, middle management and executives in trusted advisor capacity. The responsibilities include:
· Collect the current state of the Customer’s technical and operational environment
· Collaboratively build the vision and strategy for desired Customer outcomes, both near- and long-term
· Crystallize the current and future state into an overall Automation architectural blueprint for the Customer
· Identify and Conceptualize the Automation use cases against the customer pain points in Operations, Engineering, and Product Management
· Design and Implement Proof-Of-Concept solutions
· Provide business justification of the solution with ROI data analysis
· Perform maturity assessments for Customers against peers and industry
· Grow the Cisco IP and benchmarking database of content for unique differentiation of Advanced Services capabilities
Candidate must be experienced on Agile Software Development methodology.
The person should have prior experience (about 8 years) of leading complex and highly scalable customer projects. The person should have strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. The person should be self-motivated and able to work independently and/or in support of or leading small teams.
The person should be familiar with Automation of Networking technologies including Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers and SDN/NFV solutions. The key skillsets needed are:
· Customer facing experience to manage vision, scope and deliverables of the project.
· Building and leveraging automation capability maturity models
· Automation Solutions such as Tail-f/NSO, OpenStack, Ansible, Chef/Puppet
· Management tools including Provisioning, Assurance, Change Management and CRM/Billing
· Software Integration - Web Services (SOAP/REST), NETCONF, Enterprise Service Bus(ESB). Workflow-based integration platforms
· Deep understanding of various software testing strategies
· DevOps and SDLC toolsets (Jenkins, Git, Automated
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.