- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You are proud of the things you build.
You love it when someone tells you something “can’t be done”. Taking on the impossible and finding creative solutions motivates you.
You have not learned enough and are always looking for ways to stretch yourself and grow. You enjoy transferring your knowledge to others and helping others achieve.
You solve complex architecture problems with solutions that are extensible and scale. You look for ways to further simplify your solutions.
You are passionate about automating operational processes away so you and your team can focus on solving customer needs.
You have strong intuition, but seek metrics and other data sources to back up your assumptions.
This sounds awesome to you: “Working on a product that is deployed to every AWS region using AWS services in a fully IaC deployment environment where you own everything end to end - design, development, testing, deploying, babysitting, etc.”
Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They harness the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. The AWS Security team owns security for all of these services offered by AWS, including EC2, S3, and many others.
A typical day on our team may include:
· Collaborating on designing a microservice to solve a new system requirement
· Implementing an API used by customers to power one or more of their systems
· Building out complex infrastructure to ensure our systems are CICD, have proper test coverage, alarming, metrics and dashboards
· Building out front-end components of a customer-facing UI
· Participating in our rotating on-call schedule and reducing operational load through automated solutions
· Engaging in a learning task to broaden your knowledge and then sharing lessons learned with the rest of the team
· Documenting and deploying one of our services to a new region
This position can be located at our Herndon, VA or Baltimore, MD locations.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 2+ years professional experience in software development
· 2+ years of experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++ or Java
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.