- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job type: Full-time
Role: Backend Developer
Industry: E-Commerce, Retail, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, c#, design
Want to transform the way people enjoy podcasts, books, and storytelling on Alexa? Then come join the group who will be building new experiences from the ground up around this great content. Within Alexa Entertainment, you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. No matter what the role, we’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
In this role you’ll have independent technical ownership on new customer features and supporting architecture on a day to day and week to week basis. You’ll learn new in-demand skills like building voice control interfaces and scalable API platforms that will be highly valuable as you grow your career at Amazon and beyond. You’ll work directly with Product Management and Design to refine the customer experience for Alexa entertainment featured products. You’ll join a unique team in the Alexa organization with our own culture – we move fast to deliver new great features for customers and have a ton of fun doing it.
Come join us as we build the Voice OS for Entertainment in the home. We’re breaking new ground and need your help to bring our vision to reality.
Skills & requirements
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience developing microservices and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
· Passion to deliver high quality software that delight users
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.