- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: United States:North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
This role will be part of Global technology and Operations (GTO). The Regional Application Development group (RAD US) within GTO is looking for a Software Developer II to join the Global Compensation team. The individual will interact with a Global team to design, implement, and test solutions for applications that calculate Sales Compensation. The team currently is working on transformational initiatives using the Scrum methodology and is also actively engaged in transformation to a DevOps model.
- Utilizes development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Assists in developing or updating support documentation as needed by the DevOps function and participate in Peer Review to allow acceptance of systems changes into production and utilizes product lifecycle methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Builds end unit test production deployment packages with an eye towards automated regression and unit test scripts, and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements and tests deliverables against a user story’s acceptance tests.
- Participates in reviews (walkthroughs) or grooming sessions and demos of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Provides on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide active resolution support on production outages.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ Application Development Experience.
- Advanced knowledge of one RDBMS (SQL Server or IBM UDB preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of one operating system (Linux or equivalent).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Proficiency in Angular, React or VUE.js
- Experience designing and implementing financial applications
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.#LI-WRAPJOB
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.