- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Oklahoma City
The Boeing Test and Evaluation (BT&E) organization in Oklahoma City is seeking a Lab Engineer (Entry Level) for the B-1 Bomber Avionics Integrated Support Facility (AISF). The AISF laboratory operations is responsible for maintaining, configuring, and upgrading avionics hardware and special test equipment used to support development and testing of operational flight software. Tasks include participation in the laboratory design upgrades, modifications, procurement, and assembly oversight. Develop and support the generation of hardware modification and configuration planning. Performs classification and de-classification of test equipment. Support software engineers in the lab environment, troubleshooting basic laboratory and test-related problems.Work location is on Tinker Air Force Base. The Laboratory Operations team, that this position is part of, is made up of engineers, technicians, and cyber security.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelors of Science or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Applicant must possess a solid foundation in electrical or mechanical engineering and have a genuine interest in working on complex systems.
- Demonstrate creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Strong collaboration skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- The selected candidate must be comfortable in a highly collaborative environment.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Desired experience with simulation systems used to test avionics software.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) in a Project Management capability.
- Experience with CATIA V5 drafting tools, Linux, and Windows operation systems is desirable.
Typical Education / Experience:
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
Bonus amount: US dollars (USD) $500
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.