- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are 3-GIS, a global award winning Geographical Information Systems (GIS) software development and delivery company. We provide innovative products, customized software services, and enterprise solutions to the Fiber Telecom market.
We are located in the historic section of Decatur, AL - just off the river. We guarantee a great employment experience, competitive salaries, excellent benefits, travel, and continued growth opportunities. Most of all, we guarantee fun in a flexible work environment!!!
We are looking for people that have the ability to solve complex mapping problems on the Esri platform. Developers with the ability to apply efficient thin-client design to formerly heavy desktop solutions. It's complex work for sure; but when you're done, you'll have helped develop the best fiber management and electrical grid systems in the world. Cool, huh? You'll need to understand GUI design, Geographical Information Systems, complex software systems, relational database management, and remote mobile interaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Write, update, and maintain GIS mobile and web based applications using C#, JAVA, and .Net programming languages.
- Analyze user requirements and design software programs, tools, and applications to meet each of the requirements.
- Conduct software testing of these software solutions to ensure they function appropriately as designed and that the operating instructions are correct.
- Evaluate and attempt to reproduce user logged errors in the software testing environment.
- Investigate whether legitimate errors are computer programming bugs, software configuration issues, or user interaction errors. Correct errors by making appropriate edits to the software code and retesting the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Perform revision, repair, or expansion of existing functionality and tools to increase performance, upgrade interfaces, or adapt to new requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Management Information Systems.
- 2 years experience in duties described above
- C#, JAVA, .Net
- GUI design, Geographical Information Systems
- Esris ArcGIS Server
- Understanding of fiber or utility networks
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- 27-Mar-2020 to 26-May-2020 (CST)
- Decatur, AL, USA
- Full Time
About the company