- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Jose
The Business Entity
Intelligent Cyber Security for the Real World by delivering the best Next Generation Firewall in the industry.
Role & Responsibilities
* Develop Java REST APIs for a web-based application with a team of 8 to 10 engineers
* Use Agile methodologies for the Software Development Lifecycle
* Design, document and implement full stack features related to Cyber Security for our Next Generation Firewalls
* Build reusable code and libraries for future use
* Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders as needed
* Work with various cross-functional groups such as Product Management, other development teams, QA, System Test and Product Documentation
* Participate in technical discussions and provide innovation to the product
* Demonstrate attention to detail, work well in a team environment, be highly motivated, and willing to learn new skills.
● Strong coding knowledge inJava, J2EE (Spring/Hibernate)
● Other technologies: REST architecture, REST APIs, High-Availability concepts, Unix/Linux/Windows, Database (Neo4J, mySQL), Jenkins, Git, Behavior Driven Development Framework (python Behave, Cucumber)
● BSCS with 5+ years of experience or MSCS with 3+ years of experience
●Networking/Security certification will be an added advantage
●Experience with Firewall, IPS/IDS and/or other Network Security products is a huge plus.
●UI Frameworks such as Angular, ReactJS
●Docker, VMWare vSphere/ESXi
Please take a look at the link below to learn more about the products my team works on.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.