- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
Job Description: Software Engineer
Cisco is a dynamic environment that inspires employees to create opportunities by honing their talents and skills every day. Employees are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and commitment to our company’s purposes and principles.
We are looking for a Junior/Mid-Level Software Engineer for the Detection Team. Major responsibilities are to support the identification of applications, protocols and operating systems for Application Control and Network/Vulnerability Mappings as part of Cisco’s Next Generation Firewall products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 2-4 years C/C++ software development.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience using MySQL/SQL, Lua, Shell Scripting Languages, Python.
- Development experience with Linux/Unix platforms.
- Working experience and clear understanding of different Network Protocols.
- Team player
- Test Driven Development
- Testing Automation experience
- Firewall, IDS, IPS technologies and products
- Install and configure Cisco products in preparation for execution of weekly tests.
- Research data to be used for identifying applications on a network using tools such as tcpdump or Wireshark.
- Work with development engineers to troubleshoot issues.
- Work on the roadmap and priorities for the applications and OS detectors of our products.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.