- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- RTP, NORTH CAROLINA, US
What You'll Do
We are looking for innovative, driven, and motivated software engineers to join our CSR Public Cloud team. The CSR is a virtual router currently available in AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud with plans to expand to other public clouds. It is also supported in private clouds (VMware, KVM, XenServer, Hyper-V). You should be creative and passionate about building solutions/technologies with the knowledge you already have. Additionally, you are willing to learn quickly and be passionate about working on a wide range of product areas. You work well independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication are meaningful for this role.
You have a strong background in software engineering with a specialty in devops and test automation.
Currently, our public cloud work focused on solutions orchestration and programmability in AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. You will be helping to build our devops infrastructure and test solutions for the CSR in the cloud via scripting, services like CloudFormation, and more. You will also have the opportunity to help craft the future of our product in the cloud as we continue to discuss ways to expand our solutions offerings for customers going forward. The sky (or in this case, the clouds) is the limit!
Who You'll Work With
Enterprise Routing has one of the most successful businesses within Cisco. The Integrated Services Router is an extremely successful platform that has over 85% market share. The ENCS family of server based appliances and the Cloud Services Routers continues that rich tradition in the Virtualized services market. If you want to get exposure to a wide variety of hardware platforms and Virtualization technologies, this is the right group for you.
Who You Are
Typically requires either:
- An MS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science/ BS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science combined with 2-3 years of related experience
From a technical point of view you should have some familiarity with at least some of the following areas:
- Cloud computing
- Dev Ops using tools like github and jenkins
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Virtualization technologies
- IP networking
- Google Cloud
- Infrastructure-as-Code (CloudFormation, Teraform, Ansible)
- C programming
- Python programming
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.