- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
What You'll Do
● Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for enhancements and new products
● Develop software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools
● Determine hardware compatibility and/or influences on hardware design
● Available positions in the areas of: Applications Development, Database Development, Embedded Networking and OS Development, IT, Security, Test & Quality, Web Services
Who You'll Work With
Play a crucial role in driving next-gen software innovations including cloud, mobile, desktop or security spaces. You'll build applications that make technology accessible to people on a variety of devices. Imagine, design, and create solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
Who You Are
Our minimum requirements for this role:
● masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related major such as Math, Physics and two years of experience in a software development role; or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related major such as Math or Physics.
● Minimum of a 3.0 GPA or higher
● Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
● Strong knowledge of programming and scripting languages
● Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
● Experience in establishing and sustaining excellent relationships with the extended team
● Excellent verbal and written skills
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.