- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are looking for talented and motivated engineers to join our PredictPulse team here at Eaton’s Power Quality Division. Software Engineers who can hit the ground running and take our SaaS product to the next level, as we deploy and then scale up our offering for global consumption.
- Do you like working with modern Web & Data Storage technologies and Cloud Services?
- Do you like the role of Lead Software Engineer that creates next-generation Software as a Service solutions to change how customers connect, explore, and interact with a company’s products?
- Do you like the challenge of creating an entirely new type of product and having the opportunity to influence and drive its evolution?
- Do you want to be part of a team of creative, confident, thoughtful people who are enthusiastic about exceeding their goals and come together to achieve great things?
My name is Angelo DeFrancesco, and if all the answers are yes, then I might have just the right opportunity for you!
What's the project about?
- Creating the next generation of PredictPulse, our cloud-based monitoring and management service that collects and analyzes data from connected power infrastructure devices, providing us with the insight to take action on our customers behalf.
- The design, development, and deployment of our next generation PredictPulse SaaS application, encompassing functionality from field devices to cloud services to progressive web apps – and everything in between.
First days and months:
- From day 1 be at the epicenter of activity, collaborating with teams and stakeholders to define and drive the future of the PredictPulse SaaS offering.
- Hands on the project, learn the Eaton Power Quality product portfolio.
- To live and work in the beautiful Raleigh, NC area
What can you expect from us?
- A professional dedication to the design and success of products and solutions
- A cultural thirst for software solutions and the potential that it offers
- The patience and mentorship to enable you to learn our products and technologies
What we expect from you?
- Design, code, document, test, and deploy our cloud-based PredictPulse product.
- Take ownership of all aspects of our software product – Architecture, quality, user experience.
- Collaborate with other talented engineers, designers, product managers and more.
- Show thought leadership by mentoring and assisting technical and non-technical staff members.
- To help formulate and document the best practices and feature roadmaps needed to develop and manage a SaaS product offering
QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of cloud development experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Proven leadership and technical skills
- Knowledge of cloud product systems, cloud solutions and software-as-a-service offerings
- Ability to develop accurate development estimates and assist team and project managers with the estimation process
- Thorough understanding of the software development cycle in an agile environment, software architecture patterns and product development methodologies
- Effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with geographically dislocated teams across organization and cultural boundaries
- Organization, time management, and prioritization skills
- Experience with data storage technologies: MSSQL, MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB and Azure SQL.
- Experience using modern Web UI technologies – Angular JS 6, HTML5, CSS3 & Angular Material Design
- Strong object-oriented and multi-threading programming knowledge
- Familiar with tools such as VSTS/TFS, Bitbucket, Jira & GIT
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with Actor Model design and development
- Experience with micro services design and development
- Experience developing in Azure Service FabricYou will develop software components leveraging both company proprietary and third-party platforms.
- Develop supporting engineering documentation including software requirements, specifications, design documentation and design verification test plans.
- Conduct technical design reviews and provide technical documentation of solutions.
- Present and commun