- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Jose
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
What You'll Do
The engineer in this position will be responsible for maintaining, updating, and adding features to the Next Generation Firewall & IPS appliance based on Fire Linux OS. This Appliance is managed by Cisco's Firepower Management Center.
Who You'll Work With
Imagine having the opportunity to work in a team developing security technologies to prevent emerging Internet security threats. You will join Cisco Security Technology Business Unit to develop next generation TLS Inspection for managing Firewall and Intrusion prevention systems. SSL/TLS provides exciting decryption/ encryption capabilities based in industry standard ciphers. TLS Inspection group in FirePower group provided hardware acceleration capabilities to the firewall software to provide maximum throughput performances.
The engineer will be responsible for:
* Developing features over the Fire Linux OS delivering industry leading features
* Keeping up with industry standards TLS implementations like TLS 1.3 and new Ciphers emerging in the industry
* Maintaining (Build and Packaging) the Fire Linux OS including patching 3rd party software components
* Updating software packages to their latest versions
* Managing legal compliance and security compliance for all packages
* Demonstrate attention to detail, work well in a multi discipline-team environment, be highly motivated, and willing to learn new skills.
* Work with various cross-functional groups such as Product Management, other development teams, QA, System Test and Product Documentation
* Design, document and implement full stack features related to Cyber Security for our Next Generation Firewalls
* Work in a highly Agile based organization to deliver cutting edge features
Who You Are
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field with 6-10+ years of relevant experience
* Proficiency in one of Networking, Firewall, Security, TLS
* Proficiency in Development experience over Linux/UNIX platforms.
* Experience with internals of Linux distributions
* Proficient with shell and scripting languages such as bash, Perl and Python
* Experience with the C/C++ programming languages
* Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle
* Problem solving and research skills
* Experiences in working and debugging Customer Issues in customers production networks is desired
Additional knowledge and skills desired:
Solid understanding of networking architecture such as routing/switching, IP, TCP/UDP
Knowledge of network security principles and security hardening
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Blogs about Firepower Appliances:
Youtube video on FDM:
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.