- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Software EngineerWho We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role Data Service / Operation Intelligence team have an exciting opportunity and is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, team member to assist us in providing data analytics solutions and user interface components leveraging our real time streaming platform.
We are building realtime monitoring, enrichment, analytics, and machine learning capabilities for our logs and events to support operations, cyber security, and business operations at E*Trade. We create solutions using realtime distributed processing technologies including ElasticSearch, Kafka streaming, Hadoop, and database solutions. This includes web based application, front-end/backend-end work, ETL/analytics, dashboards, reporting leveraging realtime capabilities.
- Maintain and provide enhancement for internal web based front ends
- Develop, documents, and maintain streaming jobs in operation intelligence framework
- Engage with external teams in security, development and business to provide monitoring, analytics, and dashboard solutions
- 2 years of Ruby or Python scripting development in text processing, database, or web service
- 1+ year of strong understanding of relational database application development (mysql, sybase, oracle)
- 2+ years of strong understanding of development and deployment on Unix platform (Linux)
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS
- Strong foundation in computer algorithms and distributed processing
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails / Sinatra web application platform
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch, Kafka, and/or Hadoop ecosystem tools
- Knowledge of devops tools and concepts
- Adaptable to learning new technologies and working in a challenging environment
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.