- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
About the TeamThe Rapid Development Team (RDT) is the customer facing side of F5 Product Development and has the charter to keep our existing clientele happy. RDT accomplishes this through two major arenas – diagnosing and resolving the hardest customer issues (SRs) using a dedicated group of elite software engineers who thrive on the hunt, and by providing quality improvements to fielded releases via defect analysis, defect selection, and regression testing.
RDT has a unique vantage point within F5 Product Development. Our Software and Test Engineers understand the product in its entirety – not only how the features work but how they work together. This makes RDT engineers highly valued at F5. Some of the best engineers at F5 work for or have worked for RDT.
Position SummaryIn this position you will be responsible for the identification, evaluation, and solution of complex software issues. You will design, develop, and maintain high-quality code for product components. Perform as an individual contributor and collaborate with peers under the direction of technical leads on assigned project teams. Requires little direct management to complete development tasks.
- Efficiently communicate/collaborate internally at F5
- Serve as source of technical expertise to a project team
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions for assigned projects
- Evaluate performance of products; tune, re-evaluate the design and implementation of current source code
- Design and implement major components of products
- May participate in hiring and onboarding process
- Collaborate with team members and technical leads
- Document software designs via design documents
- Conduct presentations both internally and externally - this includes technical and non-technical to colleagues and customers
- 3+ years software development and engineering experience.
- Experience with NoSQL designs is a major plus
- Excellent analytic / trouble-shooting and debugging skills
- Successfully manage ambiguity in work.
- Strong technical credentials, experience in Web-based management products with at least 3 years of software delivery.
- Deep knowledge of distributed systems
- Expertise with designing Cloud and Web Services platforms
- Good communication, presentation skills and ability to work well in a development team
- Passion for learning new technologies, and a track record of doing so.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
About the company
F5 provides strategic points of control throughout the IT infrastructure, enabling organizations to scale, adapt, and align with changing business demands