- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- St. Louis
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is currently seeking Software Engineers for roles in St. Louis, MO. At Boeing, our software engineers use their expertise to dream up next generation software capabilities for some amazing aerospace platforms. Join us and you will have the unique opportunity to develop real-time embedded software for the most sophisticated military aircraft in the world. Across BDS our teams are developing software for the next generation Air Force Trainer (T-X); tactical fighter aircraft (F-15, F/A -18, F-22); unmanned air vehicles (MQ 25); space, satellite, and weapons systems; state of the art flight simulators; cybersecurity solutions, and much more.
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day.
Key responsibilities could include:
- Software Algorithm Development using advance Machine Learning techniques.
- Software development, modeling, simulation, testing, and/or analysis using C, C++, C#, Python, Java, MatLab, Ada, or Linux.
- Working with customers and other engineers to define requirements, such as understanding and agreeing upon the function of the software system.
- Architecting and designing software to meet current and future requirements
- Implementing and testing software using a variety of technologies and software languages
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Ability to obtain US Security clearance (post-start)
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a technical field of study
- An active U.S. Security Clearance
- 5+ years of experience with C, C++, C#, Python, Java, Ada, MatLab, or Linux
- 3+ years of experience with real-time embedded software development
- Experience working in Agile software development framework
- Familiar working with and/or developing software requirements/test methodology
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience)
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required
Relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.