- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Software Engineer - Full Stack Java Application DeveloperOur Asset and Wealth Managementdivision is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technologysolutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It'sour mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get,and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agiletechnologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuouslearning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technologysolutions.
We arebuilding the #1 Asset Management Technology platform in the world and we needexceptional, motivated, and world-class talent to join the Portfolio CoreTechnology team at JP Morgan Asset Management. You must have a passion forwriting and testing high quality code.
We arelooking for a strong hands-on (coding) technologist to be part of a developmentteam building high performing and globally distributed data-intensiveapplication from scratch.
- As a full stack or UI Software Engineer, you will combine youryears of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovativetechnology. You'll will be a part of highly inspired and inquisitive team oftechnologists who are already developing and deploying applications to thehighest standards.
- With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development,coding, testing and application programming, your team will raise their gameeven more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business andfunctional requirements.
- Your experience in one or more technology domains will help solvecomplex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constantlearner and early adopter, you're already embracing leading-edge technologiesand methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit.
- You will beresponsible for designing and implementing micro services and its userinterface in Java/React.js leveraging a framework like Spring Framework.
- You will writetest cases using TDD/BDD approach with emphasis on high maintainability.
- You will leadand participate in code review sessions - peer reviews and group reviews. Youwill provide code review sign-off for your peer's and team member's code.
- You willdemonstrate scalability of your services using mock testing frameworks andother tools.
- Participate inthe API design sessions and selection of design patterns that are selected foruse by the team.
- Technicaldocumentation of service API (using Swagger)
- Implementing logging,auditability, security, and monitoring features.
- You should beable to build lightweight user interface using Angular or React.
- MUST: At leasta BS degree in Computer Science from a reputed university/college. Can consider non-CS degrees if there is strongrelevant experience.
- MUST: Deepknowledge and expertise in Java programming - you should rate yourself 8 out of10 or higher and be able to demonstrate during the hiring process. Spring, Rest services, JMS, Hibernate/JPA,JSON. Any experience with .NET Framework/C# is a plus but not required.
- Experience with Cloud platforms, MicroServices architecture, AgileDevelopment Methodology, Decision management tools like DROOLS is preferred
- MUST: Experience working through entire lifecycle of atleast 2 large complex application build-out (from scratch) and delivery foreither a large financial organization or a top-class technology product team.
- 6-7 years of experience in the role of software engineer.Experience building a truly distributed architecture based system, especiallyinvolving large data volumes and real-time distribution will be huge plus.
- Knowledge of CI/CD, DevOps tool chain, and a test-drivenapproach to agile delivery is expected.
- Proficiency in UI and Server Side Development, tools and frameworksincluding (Java, Spring Boot, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, and React/Angular 4 )
- Experience in web development, including HTML, CSS (Bootstrap), andAngular is preferred
- Knowledge ofworking with React.js, Redux and Selenium test framework is a plus.
- Working knowledge of micro services and cloud containers (Cloud Foundry,Heroku, etc.)
- Experience of designing/delivering messaging-based solutions (e.g.Kafka,UM , Solace) is a plus.
- Knowledge of working with Oracle or other SQL baseddatabase is preferred.
- Knowledge ofmodern architectures based on micro services, REST APIs, NoSQL stores (e.g. Cassandra),and event-based architecture will be key.
Experience with API ManagementSystems like Apigee is a plus