- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
Cisco is looking to hire an experienced Software Engineer for our Developer Tools Team delivering mission-critical applications and services.
- Experience in Java, Python, JS, or other modern programming languages/technologies.
- Strong scripting experience - Python preferred (Shell scripting a plus)
- Excellent understanding and experience with RESTful web services
- Experience in or passion for distributed systems such as Cassandra, Kafka
- Good understanding of SCM tools (Git), CI/CD (Jenkins/Maven etc) process.
- Strong self-motivation for solving problems and innovating with furious intent to improve the customer experience
- Strong problem solving and software development/troubleshooting skills. Ability to "think in code" and discuss ideas and algorithms.
- Past experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Solid understanding of modern software deployment and management techniques
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment with little supervision
You are a good fit if you are:
- A self starter
- Detail oriented
- Able to peel the onion finding the root cause
- Resourceful in getting things done.
BSCS or equivalent with 5-8+ years of related experience is required.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.