- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Office Media Group (OMG) has a simple vision – to empower a billion customers to achieve more with media. The team builds services, applications, and experiences that bring the power of media, including photos, video, and more to every customer of Office.
Within OMG, Microsoft Stream, our rapidly growing AI-powered business video sharing service, is a team of passionate and dedicated engineers who are working to build best-in-class video services for the enterprise. We do this by combining advanced video streaming technologies, like Azure Media Services, with cutting edge machine learning and AI technologies such as Azure Cognitive Services. Do you have the right skills to write and maintain services? Are you ready to be part of the media revolution?
Within Stream, action is valued highly over discussion, and responsibility for product decisions is placed at the front lines of the team. The team is diverse, humble and self-critical, and we learn from both our successes and our failures. Finally, the culture within Stream is one of equal opportunity and where having fun together and working collaboratively is as important as the code we deliver, that we can achieve much more together than we can as individuals.
Are you ready for the opportunity to make a billion people more productive with media? If so, you should come join us and apply today!
In the Stream Engineering team, you would be responsible for helping to craft, build, grow, and operate the delivery platform for our growing global-scale business. You’ll focus on the challenges of continuous delivery in an environment with dozens of data centers, many services, and unique deployment models.
You will truly own your features and implement the changes needed to complete them from end to end. Be ready to focus on metrics and experimentation, and pay close attention to data to ensure that changes are actually solving problems. Our modern engineering system makes it easy for you to make changes to our service, and changes typically enter production within a few days of being committed. Keeping a service of our scale working well requires constant investment in reliability and scalability improvements. These investments pay off in a better customer experience and reduced on call effort.
Some of the other responsibilities that you would have include:
- Have well-thought-out designs that take into account scale, performance, and maintainability
- Implement high quality code that needs little attention after completion
- Contribute to overall architecture choices for areas of the product
- Work closely and coordinate with partner teams to accomplish your tasks
- Mentor more junior members on the development team through design and code reviews
- Participate in, and support the culture
- Help to build up our team through interviewing
- Work in a small, agile team partnering with expert engineers that behaves more like a start-up than an established team