- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Software Engineer, Internal Services - Bluprint (NBCUniversal)
Entertainment & Lifestyle Group
Bluprint is an online community we’ve created for those with an insatiable desire to create and learn, ranging from adults to kids as young as 6. Every day, our 13 million+ members engage with over 3,000 hours of original, in-house produced entertainment on our subscription video-on-demand platform. Our popular series include Blank Wall Overhaul, Re:Fashion, and we’re regularly featured on the “Today” show. But we’ve also created an eCommerce shop with projects and inspirational ideas, sparking joy in the lives of our customers and helping them experience “I did it” moments. Want to join us?
As a Software Engineer, Internal Services you will play a direct role to create both the services and products used by our internal business partners. You’ll write and maintain awesome code, and work on a small, nimble team who makes a real impact every day.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
• Design and develop code for various projects and products, key to our internal partners
• Partnering cross-functionally with others on our UX, Product, Front End, and DevOps team
• Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
• Deploy production code regularly
Here is what we’re looking for:
2+ years Java development experience
2+ years of HTML/SASS OR LESS/JS development experience
Familiar with Git or other source code control
• Someone who believes in the value of collaboration, working directly with our team onsite in Denver, Colorado. (We can and will provide relocation assistance.)
• Ability to occasionally work outside normal business hours to meet time sensitive deadlines
• Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Nice to Have:
• Passion for continuous personal learning and development
• Agile/Scrum/Lean approaches to software delivery
• Experience working within a CI/CD environment
• An understanding of RESTful APIs and microservice based architecture
• An understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Prior experience with the HashiCorp stack preferred, but not required
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Bluprint is a part of NBCUniversal Digital Enterprises, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. Come see what we’re building at MyBluprint.com!
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.