- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
What we’ll do together…
As a Software Engineer on the iOS Mobile Team you’ll work within a small team of like minded professionals with a shared goal to democratize security. We may be the most loved company in security but frankly we are not the most loved security app in the app store. We want your help to fix that. We strive to make security simple to understand and easy to use.
Let’s craft our app to remove friction from our end user’s day while adding the awesome protection of Duo’s identity and access management solutions. We are a product company that takes a pragmatic approach to what we do. We are solving real problems for real users. Our engineers work side by side with our designers and talk directly with customers and participate in the usability testing process. To succeed on this team you’ll need to not only be on top of your technical game but also a champion of a user-first product engineering approach and can communicate effectively with nonengineers.
We expect that you are willing to learn from us and also teach us. Our engineers at all levels lead projects and initiatives and bring our teams along with them. We value inclusion, empower autonomous thinking, and emphasize software craftsmanship. We live our values through a development culture of collaboration, democracy, testing, CI/CD, data-driven decisions, and mentorship. We prioritize team success highest and tend to swarm on sprint work to meet our shared goals.
Skills you have…
- 3+ years professional software engineering experience and a history of shipping native iOS Apps. (We are willing to hire more junior if the right candidate comes along, Duo is a great place to lay the foundation for a successful product development career)
- You are excited by the challenges of the security field and want to help make people safe.
- You have a history of writing performant, maintainable code using the iOS SDKs and following Apple’s Human Interface Guide.
- You value automated testing as much as writing expressive clean code.
- You can leverage both Objective-C and Swift effectively
- You already have experience with tools and libraries like CocoaPods, fastlane, Firebase, AFNetworking
- Bonus Points for any of the following: Keychain APIs and Data persistence, Testable app architectures and approaches like MVVM, security expertise, authentication, cryptography, or advanced networking orchestration.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You thrive having the autonomy to operate in a meaningful problem space solving real problems for real people.
- You work best within an empathetic team that is passionate about a common goal.
- You are happy when your end-users are happy and frustrated when they are frustrated.
This job may not be for you if…
- You only code alone and aren't willing to mentor and be mentored.
- You don’t want to continue to learn and grow along with your teammates.
- You lack a real passion for writing high-quality secure software that is backed by an equally mature approach to testing.
- You stress under the ambiguity of a problem and default to others to provide you with the answers.
- Your first instinct is to point out why something can’t be done rather than focusing on what the customer problem is.
- You tire at the thought of a steady, deliberate pace in both a product and company.
- You aren't looking to take your career to the next level at a best-in-class SaaS company.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.