- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Software Engineer, Mosaic Investment StrategyWELLINGTON MANAGEMENT
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our Mosaic Investment Strategy team. This Software Engineer will join a team of analysts and engineers that work very closely with our Alternative Market Premia Strategies investment team. You will be responsible for developing and supporting the core platform used to make daily investment decisions based on algorithms and analysis of complex data sets. You will work with and learn from exceptional investment professionals through cross-platform, data driven projects and be exposed to their idea generation process.
- Work closely with business users to understand their challenges and design user-friendly, performance optimized technical solutions
- Design/build/support core platform components currently implemented in Java/Python/Matlab
- Design/build/support infrastructure (AWS and non-AWS) components.
- Create reports, visualizations, and dashboards using various complex data sets
- Must have a passion for programming and building great technology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, build innovative solutions to complex problems, and strong work ethic
- 5-7 years of experience as a software developer supporting rapid paced delivery using multiple languages, with at least one of the following: Java, Python, or Matlab
- Strong relational database experience working with Oracle, MySQL, Postgres or equivalent technology
- Strong software development skills using object oriented and functional designs to build fault-tolerant, production-ready systems
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Experience in the financial industry or mathematical background is a strong plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services including CloudFormation, Lambda, and EC2 is a plus
Software Engineer, Mosaic Investment Strategy
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .