- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:We are looking for 2 Software Engineers
Abbott Informatics supports rapidly changing data management needs across organizations with STARLIMS solution product suite. Our world-class Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and other informatics software solutions collect, handle and interpret the lab data customers need to get their products to market more quickly. Our solutions integrate with customers’ current systems, and can be configured to fit their unique lab workflows without adding complexity or interrupting daily operations. Whether our customers’ mission is to discover a breakthrough drug or ensure safe toys get onto store shelves, STARLIMS provides valuable data and insights at every point of the process. With powerful data visualization features, our analytics tools empower our customers to make confident decisions about their organization’s operations.
Meet specifications and develop code for complex projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation
- Building systems, modules and applications starting from user needs
- Analyze user needs, design and develop software solutions
- Create user guides for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- Motivated to learn new technologies and understand existing code bases
Minimum Qualifications: Associate Degree and 1 + years of experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar engineering disciplines including Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering is required
- 5+ years of experience building full-stack web applications using a modern technology stack
- Good understanding of Computer Science concepts (data structure, algorithms, design patterns) and Web Services protocols SOAP and REST
- Microsoft’s .NET Framework / C# language in Scrum/Agile environment
- Relational database knowledge: Oracle, SQL Server
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem solving skills
LOCATION:United States Hollywood : 4000 Hollywood Boulevard
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.