- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The embedded manageability team develops human-to-machine and machine-to-machine management interfaces for IOS-XR based routing/switching platforms. If you like api design, h2m, m2m interfaces and are passionate about making DevOps for the router a near NoOp we would like to hear from you. In this job you will get to work on the new embedded manageability infrastructure we are building for Cisco's brand new L2/L3 switch targeted for the Web/OTT and service provider datacenter space
Who You'll Work With
Cisco NeXT team is responsible for driving the vision for Cisco and executing on it to transform the world of Service Providers, Data Centers and Enterprises around the World. The software we are building will be used in millions of devices to build meaningful networks all over the world. We are revolutionizing the way network devices are managed.
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities
● Design and develop system database and cli parser modules.
● Develop embedded manageability agents for XML, Netconf, Rest and SNMP.
● Define and develop the Yang data models for different operational and configuration data on the embedded system.
● Develop high scale statistics streaming infrastructure on the embedded platforms that feed onbox/offbox analytics engines.
● Develop automated tests to validate the embedded manageability software modules.
● Conduct and participate in peer design/code reviews.
● Deliver functional/design specifications for the embedded manageability software.
● 1yrs+ of work experience in software development.
● Proficient in one or two of the following languages C, Python, Golang (Go), Java and multi-thread programming.
● BS degree in CS/EE/CE or technical equivalent.
● Good understanding of regular expressions and CLI parsers.
● Prior experience developing embedded manageability agents for XML, Netconf, Rest, OMI.
● Knowledge of Openstack, OMI, Google Protocol Buffs.
● Experience with Python, Perl or shell scripting.
● Experience with Open config models and services like grpc, gnmi, gnoi
● Experience building networking stacks for LAN, WAN, DC products.
● Experience with performance monitoring of networks (APM, NPM) w.r.t. to WAN in both SP and OTT space, bonus points if built products for network visibility for on-prem and SaaS offerings.
● Automated Network assurance using data models driven KPIs
● Experience with Open source solutions when it comes to solutions for network insights (kafka, TSDB, logstash, elastic search).
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.