- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
Search at Airbnb:
Airbnb is revolutionizing the way the world travels and Search is the engine of the Airbnb marketplace. The matching of a Host and Guest on Airbnb has many unique and exciting technical challenges and our work drives the core business by matching an incredible amount of demand to a large, diverse supply of listings. The mission of the Search team is to make sure every traveler finds their perfect listing and every host connects with their ideal guest.
Airbnb search serves millions of requests per day, and our team owns everything including infrastructure, ranking and user experience. We are a diverse team with a wide variety of skills and expertise and pride ourselves on collaboration and learning from each other, having fun, and constantly improving.
If you're an engineer interested in making a significant impact on our product and passionate about connecting people around the world, this is the team for you.
Challenges we're excited about tackling in 2017:
- Helping guests decide where to travel and orienting them in an unfamiliar city.
- Keeping track of guest's progress and allowing them to easily resume their search at any time.
- Building the datastore for understanding and storing locations and associated metadata.
- Reinvent how we personalize and display home listing details to help guests quickly and confidently assess whether a home is right for their trip.
- Surface data-informed marketplace insights to help Guests to make confident decisions and find a listing that is right for them.
Learn more about some of the projects we’ve worked on:
- Tech Talk: Search @ Airbnb
- OpenAir Tech Talk: Traditional vs. Marketplace Search
- Moving Airbnb’s Search Interface to React
- Rearchitecting Airbnb's Frontend
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 4+ years of industry experience in engineering
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Knowledge of A/B testing and automated testing
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...