- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) is the flagship product from the Security Technology Business Unit (STBU). ASA integrates award-winning VPN and Firewall services into a high-performance appliance resulting in an extremely successful product. Although we take great pride in being the market leader for a long time, in order to stay at the top, we are constantly innovating and enhancing our solutions to suit the changing needs of our customers.
ASA VPN Product Development team takes pride in evolving the VPN product to the next level to ensure that our Customers continue to enjoy an edge over our competitors and also catering to their challenging needs on the deployed solutions World Wide. You would be part of a very dynamic and fast growing development team, working on cutting edge VPN product. You will be challenged with a wide variety of projects related to VPN for current and next generation security products.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer, you would
• Develop and test new software features in a real-time Linux (or similar) OS environment.
• Develop and test complex modules of code.
• Debugging and providing solutions for existing deployment.
• Write functional, design, and test specs.
• Closely involved in testing the Features and taking them to Deployment stage.
• Work closely with VPN Product development teams in other sites.
• Systems and network programming.
• Linux/Unix OS development.
• C programming language, Python.
• Multi-threading, synchronization, and memory management.
• Strong knowledge of Linux development tools (gdb, eclipse, buildroot, crosstool-ng, etc.).
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus:
• PKI and certificates
• Network security
• Performance analysis
• High availability/Clustering
• Agile development methodology
For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.